Thursday, October 2, 2014

Tribute to Mahatma Gandhi on his Birth Anniversary


Father of the nationMohandas Karamchand Gandhi was born on 2nd October, 1869. He gave birth to terms like non-violencecivil disobediencefreedom, etc. Mahatma Gandhi is also termed as ‘Bapu’ by his devotees. Gandhiji’s birthday is celebrated as a national holiday and a day of non violence and peace.  He led and made many campaigns and described satyagraha in the true essence.
Among many others who fought for freedom, he was the one who challenged the Britishers and in the process got himself imprisoned for many years. Gandhiji always practised non-violence and led the most simple life.
There are still many Gandhians who try to follow his philosophy and ideologies to promote peace and harmony. He and his life was like an open book and his spirit of leading life was just hatsoff. Gandhiji’s philosophy was not based on theory but he practiced and preached what he said. On Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti occasion, here we are sharing his top 15 quotes and giving this legend a grand tribute- which will help one to walk on non-violence path.

  • “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
  •  Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
  •  Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
  •  I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life.
  •  “Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice.”
  •  “An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained.”
  •  “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.”
  •  “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”
  •  “Your beliefs become your thoughts, Your thoughts become your words, Your words become your actions, Your actions become your habits, Your habits become your values, Your values become your destiny.”
  •  “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
  •  “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”
  •  “Change yourself – you are in control.”
  •  “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”
  •  “Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something,it makes me incapable of doing it. When I believe I can,I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn’t have it in the beginning.’
  •  “If you want something really important to be done you must not merely satisfy the reason, you must move the heart also.”

No comments:

Post a Comment